16 February 2010

Flashback Phase 1: Football Initiation




Photobucket

THEN: 3 yrs Glasgow Rangers..



Photobucket

NOW: Getting all Australian on myself! 

Ok, so yep, a little self indulgent this whole blog thing can be. But I tell you it’s a whole lota fun! And if you ain’t gonna do it then I’m gettin into it for you.

Shall we take a few steps back though? Just for your sake… I don’t want to speculate but I’m gonna make a little guess that a few of you web drunks who have gone off astray from what ever you were meant to be doing and have come across Girl Meets Ball some how in cyber space will be thinking jjeeaasuss, who’s this chick and what’s she think she’s up to? WELL, I think I had best get us off to a good start and rid your mind of any of these ‘impurities’.

I’m no bandwagoning, Wallabies jersey wearing, wannabe W.A.G. - ITS ALL GENUINE HERE BABY!

It started from the comfy view of my Papa’s knee in 1993 where my family watched Australia vs Argentina in Sydney. Yep, I’m like one of those Victorian kids who was force fed Essendon until they were blindly obsessed, wearing the strip to school and all that jazz… EXCEPT for me it was the Socceroos.

TBC...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog from the Aussie WC Team Blog, and I'm impressed.

I too am not one of those "bandwagaon" types and have been into the round ball game ever since I could kick a ball. Mind you, this was back in the days of "Sheilas, Wogs and Poofters" as expressed eloquently by JW himself where going to an NSL game was like another world in itself.

But great to hear from a chicks perspective, especially one who is not a bandwagon jumper and I'll come back to read more.

Cheers

girlmeetsball said...

Thanks for your comments Marty! And yes! Brett and Germaine would be the best half time heroes ever!!