27 April 2010

Nike's Socceroos Jersey Extravaganza!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

A sunny Sydney morning on the harbour was the perfect location for Craig Moore and Tommy Oar to show off Nike's new 2010 Socceroos jersey.

The lovely Nike team invited me along to the press call, which included a putt around the harbour on a nice swanky 3 level yacht, followed by a presentation to the media. This involved a little brekkie, lots of technical chat about the jersey’s new features and plenty of filming and snapping.

Now, I’ll admit that I’ve never actually been to a press call so this was all quite a novelty to me. I did my best to act like I knew what I was doing and to get SUPER DOOPER EXCLUSIVE pics and info for all of my Girl Meets Ball readers!!

The jersey in my opinion is rather nice. Understated and clean - nothing risky. The incorporation of the green across the shoulders takes us back to the true green and gold feel which I felt we was missing over the last few years with the predominantly yellow strip (although, the sea of yellow at matches did look pretty amazing). Other than that, the jersey’s main boasting rights are its super eco-friendly production, which I’m quite a fan of. It’s made out of 100 per cent polyester, diverting 13 million plastic bottles from landfills.

The boys (Craig and Tom) did a great job of standing around in their T-shirts. Sydney has made the most pathetic attempt of an autumn but today was one of the first days that had a bit of a nip in the air so I hope they don’t catch a cold! They were also very gracious to hang about and have a chat to the hounding (but loving) media. I even got amongst it – My first two interviews ever! I asked some pretty hard hitting questions… you just wait! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't say I'm in love with the new strip. Points for being environmentally friendly and all but really, I don't see it as an improvement on the classic strip of the past WC.

Is that white strip really needed on the shirt, to me it's pointless. And those socks, ugggh.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but I expected more from Nike but considering the away strip, well, got what we expected.

I do like the image in the background behind the boys on the last pic of the players heading into the tunnel, that'd be cool to have around the house.

Also, with Tommy Oar modelling at the press conference, is this a big indication of him booking a place in SA.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.