22 February 2010

Oceania love


Photobucket

I know that this is yesterdays news… But I’m no 24/7 business so I’m only getting on to it now! Plus who does a press release on the weekend anyway? On Saturday it was announced that Australia's last game before we depart for World Cup will be against New Zealand in Melbourne on May 24th.  

Hopefully the MCG will have a packed out crowd of 90,000 which is an amazing thing to experience, especially when everyone's decked out in the green and gold for the Socceroos!  

Initially I was a little disappointed that we weren't going to ship over a Euro nation or some South Americans... But when I pondered a little longer I decided that a Kiwi Aussie bash wouldn't be too bad! 

A) After all they did actually make the World Cup + if Wellington Pheonix is anything to go by at the moment maybe they won't be in bad form!

B) I must confess that I am actually kind of half Kiwi... My Mama was born there! So I do have an inkling of love for them. 

C) New Zealands odds are currently at $1001.00/1 SO WE BETTER WIN! Which means it will be quite a feel good game for us.

D)  Flight of the Conchords are from NZ and I love them!! 

THE END!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NZ is a good oppenent for the WC send off - better than Euro, African or Sth American opponent.

They could do a half time spot kick comp with Brett and/or Jermaine in goals....