10 April 2010

A 3D World Cup?



Photobucket

There’s been quite a bit of talk about making World Cup 3D so I’m going to join in on the conversation...

SBS are apparently looking into buying the rights to bring the World Cup to Australia in 3D. 

I can see a few problems at the moment... Not only will SBS have to buy the rights to 3D game footage, they will also need to purchase the equipment needed to broadcast to Australian viewers. Of which I would think would be quite a small number considering, as far as I know, the public also need to buy a 3D television (unless this is for public venues? Who's got glasses?). Another thing is that, as most viewers will be watching in 2D I don't think the coverage of the games in 3D would be as good. There's already enough equipment running about the pitch I can't see how they're going to fit in another whole set of 3D cameras. 

That being said, it would be pretty cool, I suppose 3D will be a big part in the future of our digital lives, so why not test it out on the biggest event on earth!

In traditional fashion I've doctored up an image of relatively random relevance... A Na'vi playing football! How cool would that be! 

1 comment:

mel said...

yeah, 3D is so awesome, but i think for some movies, its just not needed
interesting post
x

peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com