08 April 2010

Socceroos’ home amongst the Real Yellowwood tree


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


These photos were released a little while ago now but I came across them today and decided it was important information!

This will be the Socceroos’ home sweet home while in South Africa. The Kloofzicht Lodge is all fitted out; water hole, rolling hills and native trees – somewhere I think a roo might like to hang.

I had a perve on Google Maps to suss it out, like the good little Blogger that I am, and unfortunately it seems that the resort isn’t very close to any little towns that might chuck a party for the Australian fans… In Germany 2006 the gorgeous little town of Ohringen hosted the Australian team and I think after the World Cup they all claimed Aussie citizenship! The whole town got amongst it with Aussie flags everywhere; I love Australia banners in window shops, locals walking around saying G’day mate and then to top it off a big party day with music and dancing and the whole she-bang!

Anywho, not to worry I’m sure we’ll make our own fun over in South Africa!

More of the lodge here.

No comments: