20 March 2010

Flip it - Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory GRAND FINAL




Photobucket

I thought I should pay attention to a certain game that’s going on this evening down in Melbourne… I know I was whining a little about having to watch Sydney Vs Melbourne for the fourth time in just about as many weeks but now that the time has come I’ve warmed to the idea. The crowd will be pumping and a true rivalry will be in the air. 

A little disappointed with the Sydney Morning Heralds efforts today. Page 5 of the Sports Day has a decent little wrap up on tonight’s Grand Final, however, it’s nothing compared to the usual 5-10 pages of junk when it’s a certain other code of ‘football's’ turn… I won’t even bother to glance at the Daily, I’m sure they have some more enthralling news about the Clarke/Bingle saga…

As usual I don’t really know who to go for in this clash… I’ve lived in both Melbourne and Sydney, have quite a soft spot for the Melbourne team but also feel I owe my attention to the Light Blue’s as I now live here in Sydney.

To end the turmoil I have an idea. Right here right now I’m going to flip a coin! No one can see me but I’m actually going to do it! Heads for Sydney Tails for Melbourne. A 1979 20 cent coin with the Mr platypus on it…

FLIP!
TAILS
……. GO MELBOURNE!!!! 

No comments: