05 June 2010

Nelspruit

Photobucket





Photobucket

Mbombela Stadium, I love the Zebra seating!



I've covered Durban and Rustenburg but realised that I am yet to figure out the lie of the land in Australia's 3rd host city Nelspruit. So here's a practical and compact one hit post. 

Population: 470,000
Climate: Sub-tropical with temperatures around 23°C during winter
Key Economic Sectors: Agriculture, Mining 
Football Clubs: Mpumalanga Black Aces, Witbank Spurs (1st Division)
Location: North East on the Crocodile River near the Mozambique border

Mbombela Stadium is where the Socceroos will play on the 23rd of June against Serbia. The stadium seats 43,500 and was built especially for the tournament. 


Nelspruit's Fifa Fan Fest will be located just outside the city centre and about 5km from the stadium at Bergvlam High School.





Photobucket

There is a serious lack of photos of Nelspruit on the internet (had the same problem with Rustenburg), this is the only piece of random street dwelling I could find! I'm sure World Cup will boost the little towns web presence... Can't wait to take some of my own snaps.

More info at http://www.mbombela.gov.za/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the zebra seating too!